Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Call

We got the official call about 1:30 pm today. I happened to be working from home today so I was able to drive Jane to Northwestern Hospital. Otherwise she would have had to take a cab or have a friend drive her and I would meet her there.

It is exciting and very scary at the same time. When we arrived the started taking blood and running tests on Jane.  They said there is a 30 percent chance that we would be sent home. The won't know up till the time until they wheel Jane away if the transplant is a go or not.

The donor was scheduled to go into surgery at 9pm and Jane was scheduled for surgery at 10pm.

We have been at the hospital since about 4 pm and we were getting anxious and hoping we would not be sent home. IVs were started on Jane and we sit and wait in the ICU.  The two anesthesiologists came in to talk to us tell us the risks.  He said as far as risky surgeries this is as risky as it gets. After asking more questions they left

Then suddenly about 10:30 pm, one of the anesthesiologist came back and started to roll her away.  I looked him and said is it a go? He said yes its a go.

I rode along side Jane as long as I could then they said that I could not go any further we did our kisses and goodbyes... I told her if she is really lucky she will wake up and see the face of Jesus. And if she was unlucky she would wake up and see my face. She liked that!

They told me I could wait in the room Jane would be brought back to.

I am wearing purposely wearing my Rocky 3 shirt.  Tonight it is the night of the champions the doctors of northwestern, Jane and her lung disease. Either way when she wakes from the surgery she will be cured of her lung disease.



No comments:

Post a Comment